JOB TITLE: Derrickman
REPORTING TO: Driller
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Assist the Driller with the safe and efficient execution of all well and drilling activities.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Six months as Assistant Derrickman
· Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF Level 2 – Introductory)
· Able to operate computerized control systems.
· Intermediate understanding of oil field terminology.
· Basic English language and writing skills
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Fall Protection Training
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintaining and operating mud pump room and all associated equipment and systems.
· Maintaining drilling fluid properties and volumes as per instructions.
· Promptly informing Driller of any unexplained changes in pit volumes.
· Promptly informing Driller of any unexplained changes drilling fluid properties.
· Participate in drilling fluid transfers to and from supply vessels.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports
· All drills and checks are conducted as required
· All applicable reports and logs as required by Driller, client and company are maintained.
· Close co-operations with the Mud Engineer and Mud loggers.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Preparation for future drilling operations.
· Training of subordinates in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
· Well kill operations as per instructions from Seadrill supervisors.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with applicable laws.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Contribute with OBS card reporting.
· verifying client drilling program vs. Seadrill requirements
· Seadrill training, certification and competence compliance management
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That the control room equipment is maintained and maintenance recorded.
· That the drilling fluid equipment is maintained including first line maintenance and maintenance is recorded.
· Running inventory of mud pump and mud processing consumables is maintained.
· Operate all drilling fluid equipment in the pump / pit room in accordance with operational requirements. Mix and treat drilling fluid as per instruction
· Operate, maintain, and repair valves associated with mud system, solid controls equipment and related piping and valves
· Assist with deck or rig floor operations as required
· Assist with the supervision and training of Assistant Derrickman
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer