JOB TITLE: Assistant Crane Operator
REPORTING TO: Crane Operator
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Assist the Crane Operator with all crane and deck related activities.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· One year as a roustabout with demonstrated aptitude to elevate to the assistant crane operators position or previous experience as an onshore crane operator
· Crane Operator Certificate (API RP2D), Offshore Crane Operator Assessment (API RP2D)
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Rigger Training
· Banksman Training
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· All applicable reports and logs are maintained as required by direct supervisor.
· Safe and efficient execution of operations as per procedures.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Deck or rig floor operations as required or directed.
· Preparation for future drilling operations.
· Organizing and supervising the deck crews.
· Maintenance of cranes and other relevant lifting appliances.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· That cranes and lifting appliances are maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· All other relevant deck equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures the inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use
· Ensure Company approved crane signals are utilized
· Assist in the loading and off loading of equipment and supplies from supply boats and movement of materials around the rig and keeping accurate records
· Perform helideck duties as directed
· Assist the Crane Operator in carrying out performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer