JOB TITLE: Bosun
REPORTING TO: Marine Section Leader
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Organize and supervise the deck crews and participate in all deck activities as directed.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 years marine experience
· AB Certificate
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Safe and efficient operation of marine equipment and systems.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· Maintain all applicable reports and logs as required by the supervisor.
· Preparation for future marine and drilling operations.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by the supervisor.
· Compliance with Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with all directives and procedures.
· Compliance with all position specific internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted upon and reported to the supervisor.
· Maintaining valid marine and equipment certification.
· Revising all relevant governing documents as and when required.
· Setting the standard for tidiness and cleanness and the compliance with same.
· Training and competence assessments as required and/or assigned.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· The maintenance of marine equipment and maintenance records.
· Assist in slipping and cutting operations, inspection and maintenance of wire, fiber lines, slings and other lifting equipment
· Assist during rig moves and anchor handling operations as directed
· Assist the Marine Section Leader in conducting performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer