JOB TITLE: Maintenance Support Engineer
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Rig Asset Management Platform (RAMP) is implemented in a standardized manner across the fleet. This includes ensuring corporate and regulatory requirements are adhered to on each assigned rig by providing technical support and training to the onshore and offshore team members when required and monitoring performance of the maintenance systems and recommending improvements when issues are identified.
- Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct and Fight Against Corruption.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
1.4 JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with current Seadrill maintenance policies and objectives
- Ensure all assigned assets maintain and operate RAMP efficiently and within the company directives, procedures and standards.
- Monitor maintenance results from assigned rigs and assist in development of optimized maintenance tasks.
- Provide RAMP technical support to onshore and offshore teams
- Collaborate with OEMs for technical support and follow up of technical queries related to maintenance requirements
- Liaise with regulatory and class authorities to ensure Seadrill compliance with latest maintenance requirements.
- Ensure improvements/changes are implemented in a consistent, standardized manner across the fleet
- Maintain all relevant documentation and certification, including relevant medicals, to allow for unrestricted travel to all offices and offshore assets as required by direct supervisor.
- High level of relevant technical knowledge
- Ability to liaise at high level with drilling units maintenance teams and unit management
- Excellent understanding of RAMP
- As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification
- 5 years minimum experience in maintenance environment. Enterprise maintenance systems knowledge and proven experience in hands on maintenance operations.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing.
- Technical documentation report writing and audit skills
- Good hands on skills and ability to teach and train others.