JOB TITLE: HSE Manager
REPORTING TO: Director of HSE
LOCATION: Luanda, Angola
Plan, coordinate and implement procedures within his region of operation. Maintains a high level of HSE and training support to all Seadrill activities to ensure continual improvement with rig crews and management. Works with Rig Management and Clients both on and offshore to prevent accidents, injuries and property loss through proper training and use of the Seadrill Safety Management Systems.
• Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct and Fight Against Corruption.
• Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
• Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
• The standard for tidiness and cleanness is adhered to.
• Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work hand in hand with Client based HSE on Seadrill Safety Management Systems to establish strong HSE culture for all parties on the facilities in the Americas.
• Partner with Client HSE and Seadrill Rig Management to set the highest standard for operations excellence in HSE.
• Meet with Rig Management regularly regarding HSE on their respective vessels and assist them with any training or resources needed for their facility from shore based HSE.
• Coordinate with the Head of HSE any mandates regarding HSE; for work offshore in the region of operation, and properly deliver all information to Rig Management and Crews.
• Audit, identify and communicate best practices, lessons learned, safety and environmental alerts with Operations and the Seadrill fleet. Ensure implementation of findings and results are communicated with management for appropriate action.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and safety resource for rig operations. Provide professional SME knowledge in HSE, Flag State Compliance, Local Regulatory, and Seadrill Directives and Procedures.
• Audit Seadrill vendors and monitor the Client/Third Party to ensure quality assurance and HSE compliance as required.
• Work with onsite Management to develop employee and facility goals for Safe Operations, and development of workplace safety programs.
• Helps to develop HSE personnel on skills in work planning, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving, and safety leadership
• Coordinate projects with Safety Coaches and Rig Management for Operations on the facility, and scheduling of coaches with HR Coordinators on the facility.
• Work with third party personnel on the implementation of new Safety Products and Training that will benefit Seadrill workers both on and offshore.
• Ensure consistency in safety policies and procedures between units as per Local and Company regulations.
• Have working knowledge of the Client Contracts for the facilities operating in region; and provide support to the Management Team on HSE items that need to be implemented and trained on by crews to meet contract compliance.
• Review rig specific procedures and identify opportunities for improvement to Rig Management and Offshore Personnel to help rigs operating in same region to mirror one another.
• Work with Rig Managers and Safety Officers on proper reporting in Synergi and complete Audits onshore to ensure proper close outs are completed on cases.
• Assist the Onshore Management in the development of safety policies and procedures for their respective units.
• Establish HSE procedures, protocols and reviews in the Seadrill TMS system, and provide support on TMS with Rig Management and Operation personnel.
• Conduct facility surveys, ISM audits and work in progress to ensure continuous improvement in the health and safety programs.
• Discuss all incidents on unit with client HSE to develop lessons learned and continued improvement on safe work practices to build a team approach between the client and Seadrill.
• Hold quarterly meetings with Safety Coaches, Safety Officers, and Client HSE to review rig HSE issues as well as improvements that can be made on the said project.
• Respond with the Incident Investigation Team in the event of highly critical Incidents on the offshore facility
• Review of OBS program from the offshore units and track trending to help Rig Management close gaps on areas that are showing needs for improvement.
• Work as a team with Rig Medical personnel on Medical Procedures, Patient Trends, and Continuing Education on the facility for continued knowledge and compliance.
• Must have the expertise and knowledge in the proper planning of work with the identification of risks and unsafe hazards in relation to offshore operations.
• As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 5 years’ experience in Offshore HSE or HSE Related Field (Management/Supervisory Level Experience Required) or 10 Years’ Experience in Onshore HSE related field.
• Nebosh, OSHA, and NFPA Experience/Certifications Preferred
• Must possess good analytical skills and be able to communicate well in person.
• Team oriented and must aim to continually monitor and promote all core HSE processes to Offshore Crews and Onshore Rig Management.