JOB TITLE: Electronic Technician
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader / Senior Electronic Technician
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment and systems.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Safe and efficient execution of maintenance and repair activities.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
· Ensuring that all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials as required
· Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electronic systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws
· Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
· Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
· Perform installation, calibration and modification to electronic, instrumentation systems and components
· Maintain up to date back ups, images and computers. Preserve control system software and ensure software is stored in a secure location
· Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including Third Party equipment, is certified and meets regulatory requirements
· Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information to Senior Electronic Technician and Electrical Supervisor
· Rebuild and repair printed circuit boards
· Read and work from electronic blueprint drawings
· Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent - Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from an accredited technical school, trade school or college
· Five years of electrical systems or two years experience with an industry degree
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer