JOB TITLE: Technical Leader
REPORTING TO: Rig Manager
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
The Technical Leader is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the vessel. Among other functions, this position is responsible for ensuring the unit's compliance with the class entity, client, marine and other local government entities. Coordinate preventive and corrective maintenance activities with the on-board technical department.
Ensure that you and your team work safely every day, every hour and every minute, without exception.
Follow and comply with all health, safety and environmental procedures of the company;
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
- Ensure adherence to the company's procedures and policies;
- Provide compliance of the unit with the requirements of the classification society. Coordinate issues related to equipment failures, warranty, technical alerts, security alerts and implementation of applicable solutions.
- Manage the submission of special items - LTM, CAPEX and OPEX.
- Coordinate and monitor corrective maintenance activities in conjunction with onboard and outsourced technical department, when necessary.
- Conduct root cause analysis processes and lessons learned, identifying corrective actions and improvement points.
- Monitor the performance of the maintenance department by establishing continuous improvement initiatives in the department.
- Ensure that the preventive maintenance plan is performed according to Seadrill standards.
- Ensure the update of the Maintenance Management System information is up to date.
- Conduct ongoing auditing processes to ensure that the unit is within the standards established by the company.
- Track and close action plans (via Synergi).
- Budget and maintain the unit. Ensure proper and up-to-date document control.
- Track and organize unit indicators
- Ensure that ongoing monitoring programs are running properly.
- Manage the unit's 5 year plan and plan related activities. Coordinate and collaborate with the project team during unit stop at the yard.
- Ensure that drawings and technical information on the unit are current. Ensure that all maintenance activities are in accordance with Seadrill's procedures and policies, manufacturer's recommendations, and regulatory authorities.
- Provide the control of spare parts of the unit.
- Discuss the Unit Manager / Rig Leader on maintenance activities and their potential impacts on operations.
- Ensure that unit maintenance activities occur within the unit's safety requirements.
- Define, organize and execute scopes of maintenance and inspection carried out by outsourced companies.
- Ability to plan work scopes, with minimum effect on unit operations. Possess ability to perform scopes simultaneously. Plan maintenance activities between wells.
- Ensure that applicable unit and equipment certificates are current.
- Participate in the Seadrill STAR Card program.
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices
· Desirable for the exercise of this occupation Technical School or full course in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Petroleum, etc.
· Basic Technical English
- Minimum 3 to 4 years experience in operations and/or maintenance in the offshore drilling area.
- Communicate clearly and objectively in both English and Portuguese.
- Capacity of unit finance management.
- Ability to make decisions based on technical analysis performed.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office - Word, Power Point, Outlook and Ms Project); In Excel Advanced level.
- Team work;
- Persuasion Capacity;
- Planning and Organization.
2.0 REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the respective region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
The requirements in Section 1 are to be considered minimum corporate requirements and deviations from same are to be handled in accordance to the Directive for Handling of non-conformities.