1.0 CORPORATE REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Company Secretarial Assistant/Assistant Company Secretary
REPORTING TO: Legal Director
Seadrill Group consists of one listed entity (NYSE and Oslo Bors) and over 200 other legal entities incorporated in many different jurisdictions.
Seadrill is due to emerge from a balance sheet restructuring and will be shortly undergoing a project to reduce the number of entities in the group to emerge with a cleaner and simpler corporate footprint. The Company Secretarial Assistant will play an integral role in executing this project.
The Company Secretarial Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Company Secretarial activities, processes and procedures to Seadrill Group entities, and for providing support to the Company Secretarial Manager & Legal Director. Working with our internal and external partners, the role-holder will provide support and advise on statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to our entities set-up and management.
Seadrill is also willing to provide flexible working arrangements.
1.2 JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the outsourced company secretarial providers in Bermuda and in several Asian, African and European locations
- Maintain the Company’s statutory records & corporate records, including using Blueprint/Diligent software
- Co-ordinate board meetings & board packs, supporting documents, PoAs etc with external providers and ensure appropriate digital and hard copy records are maintained in an accessible way across the Seadrill group
- Manage the process for the appointment of new directors to all entities
- Attend board meetings & draft minutes as required
- Manage KYC requests (together with the Compliance team), certifications, statutory filings, statutory registrations
- Support new Legal Entity set-ups
- Alongside other functional experts, contribute to the legal entity reduction workstream which forms part of the company’s Seadrill Future State project
1.3 EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years Company Secretarial experience, preferably in a company with a large group structure
- Member of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (or equivalent) preferred. If the candidate is not currently accredited with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Seadrill is willing to assist with the candidate with their training and financial requirements.
1.4 SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to meaningfully discuss technical concepts and information clearly and meaningfully
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to managed detailed records
- Strong IT skills, fluent in use of MS Office products, and a background or interest in the application of new technologies to improve workflow, process and productivity
- Sound judgement, and the ability to balance risk management and commercial pragmatism
- Open and collaborative working style, both within the local and global teams and when advising internal clients
- Thinks commercially and pragmatically to solve problems
- Agile and adaptable to changing project conditions, is comfortable in situations that may be ambiguous or where all the relevant information isn’t available
- Experience of working collaboratively in multicultural teams, and possibly in remote teams spread across different countries
- Mature approach, with a calm manner