JOB TITLE Senior Regional Accountant
REPORTING TO Lead Regional Accountant
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Diversity and inclusion are more than words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
The Regional Accounting Senior takes a leading role in the Global Finance SSC and within their regional team. They are responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of Seadrill’s profit and loss, balance sheet and identified phased financial reports. This is performed in line with the targets set within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) related to the Global Finance Shared Service Centre.
The role involves ownership of at least one rig with assigned LEs, preparing both the P&L results (KPI) and phased financial balance sheet reviews. The RAS will be the focal point of contact for the Rig Controller in their respective region and assisting Regional Accounting Lead as appropriate, including cover.
The Senior Regional Accountant will supervise at least one Financial Accountant who will be responsible for regional overheads and bank accounts.
The role holder will also be seen as, and act as a subject matter expert on regional legal entity and management accounting.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) delivery
- Statutory audit support and review for regional entities
- Management of at least one Seadrill legal entity:
- Phased Financials for assigned LEs
- P&L and BudVar reporting delivered to region expectation
- Tax Pack preparation and liaison with Tax team
- Intercompany review and reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliations for regional accounts
- ARM preparation and review for assigned LEs
- Journal / AGIS preparation and review
- Non PO AP Approval
- Mentor and support Financial accountant(s)
- Assign roles and responsibilities to the Financial Accountant(s)
- Support Regional Accounting Lead with deliverables review and cover.
- Ensure all financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures and are reported within the deadline
- Good and developing leadership and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Robust personality and has the ability to work to tight deadlines in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Strong customer and service delivery focus and ability to understand customers’ needs and concerns.
- Ability to plan ahead
- Good networker able to build cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues within and external to the Centre. To act as an effective team member in project teams.
- A strong and unrelenting drive for improvement and attention to detail.
- Ability to be hands on with 80% relating to problem solving and 20% of management.
- Ability to handle change in a large complex international environment.
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIOURAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
Click on the link below to view Seadrill's Behavioural Framework
Seadrill Behavioural Framework
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent) with demonstrable industry experience
- Strong organisational and people management Skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience and understanding of working in a Shared Services environment
- Understanding of and experience with statutory reporting requirements
- Experience working with a global ERP system
- Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently or as part of a team
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Good Problem-Solving skills
- Experience of working with diverse regional teams
- Experience working with a global ERP system
- Experience of supervising team
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional chartered accounting qualification
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.