Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of vessel loading/unloading operations as well as organizing and supervising the deck crews.
Job Category: Operations (Offshore)
(Reactivation) - Rio De Janeiro (Operations)
Rig Type: Drillship
Rig Name: West Carina / West Jupiter
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Organizing and supervising the deck crews.
· Maintenance of cranes and other relevant lifting appliances.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs are maintained as required by direct supervisor.
· Safe and efficient execution of operations as per procedures.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Deck or rig floor operations as required or directed.
· Preparation for future drilling operations.
· That cranes and lifting appliances are maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· All other relevant deck equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.