JOB TITLE: HSE Advisor
REPORTS TO: Safety Supervisor
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Assist with coordination of the Company HSE Management System onshore. Partner with the Rig Managers, OIMs and Safety Officers to provide a link between Onshore HSE and Offshore workforce.
- Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct and Fight Against Corruption.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
Promote and continually monitor the core HSE Processes developed by the rigs such as PIMED, STAR, Worksite Verification.
Promote the awareness, training and use of the Company Safety Tools.
Promote the compliance with the Company HSE Management System (e.g., HSE policies, directives and procedures).
Keep a good working relationship with other departments, service providers and Client representative.
Assist Safety Supervisor and/or HSE Manager when requested (e.g., local Emergency Response Plan review, promote HSE campaigns onshore and offshore, etc.).
- Assist Regional HSE team, when required, in the conduct of annual rig internal audits such as Environmental Audit, ISM, ISPS, Medical Audit, Area Verification, etc.
- Ensure that the studies/programs requested by the local HSE rules are implemented offshore, such as occupational safety studies, risk control, pollution control, occupational hygiene, ergonomics, fire protection, etc.
- Provide expert advice and support to Seadrill Management on environmental issues related to local regulation.
- Provide progress analysis of incidents conducted by the Leaders/Safety Officers and conduct analysis of serious incidents when requested by the Safety Supervisor and/or HSE Manager.
- Support the Rig Managers and Rig Technical Leaders on HSE issues, including the Client and Authorities when needed.
- Work to achieve compliance on Occupational/Process Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation in the designated area.
- Participate in the planning of HSE Audits on the Company Installations and Service Providers.
- Regularly Embark on the Rigs to check ISM conformities and HSE processes and report the results to the HSE and Rig Managers. Actively participate on rig initiatives, such as: PTW audits, Worksite Verifications and STAR program.
- When offshore, attend pre-shift meetings for both rig crew and service providers, looking at the safety content of the meeting and any safety alerts from other installations.
- Assist the Rig Managers on HSE issues by being in contact with the Client and Authorities when requested.
- Assist the HR department with technical information about mandatory safety trainings for onshore and offshore employees.
- Assist the rig on the HSE case review.
Coordinate the Induction Program with the HR department for new Seadrill employees.
Partner with Client HSE and Seadrill Rig Management to set the highest standard for operations excellence in HSE.
Report emissions and diesel consumption in Synergi.
1.4 EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS
Able to operate software applications as applicable to the position, such as:
- Seadrill Management System - SMS
- Crisis Incident Management - CIM
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices
- Valid Safety Engineering or Safety Technician Certificate
- 3+ years of experience in HSE whether onshore or offshore
Trainings & Registers
- Valid Ministry of Labor register for Safety Technicians
- Valid Regional Engineering Council register for Safety Engineer
- Certificates in ISM, ISPS, and ISO (9,001; 14,001; 45,001) preferred
- Kelvin Topset Lead Investigator certification preferred
- Must have good analytical skills and be able to communicate well in person
- Self-starter with proven problem-solving ability.
- Team oriented and capable of influencing the behavior of others.
- Strong observational, analytical and presentation skills.
- Must possess the expertise and knowledge of how to coach people in the proper planning of work with the identification of risks and unsafe hazards.
- Very strong in Excel, power point and data analysis.
- Available to travel and visit offshore rigs.
- Advanced English.
Must successfully pass-through Drug Screen and Background Check.
Date / Place Signature