· Assist onshore and offshore personnel, as needed, and act as liaison between the operating unit and Corporate Training & Competency and People Services.
· Oversee offshore training request and certificate submission process. Serve as Operating unit SME on training and requirements.
· Work with different departments to provide data, reports, and advice on training-related items. Manually generating reoccurring reports is to be avoided and use of automated reports such as INSIGHT and PowerBI should be encouraged.
· Maintain open communication with the operating unit(s) and Corporate Training & Competency teams to share knowledge and remain up to date on all current projects and initiatives.
· Regularly update the operating unit(s) training requirements to ensure compliance with Company, Client and Regulatory requirements.
· Maintain and administer the operating unit(s) training pay and Flag license and endorsement processes.
· Responsible for regular review and maintenance of operating unit(s) training procedures and action items, as assigned.
· Participate in external and internal audits related to training and competence.
· Action and close client and regulatory audits.
· Coach and advise onshore and offshore personnel with training, competency assurance program, e-learning and SkillsVX related items.
· Assist in development and implementation of special Training & Competency projects, as required. Provide support to management in evaluating target groups and working within projected timelines to reach goals.
· Provide support in identifying potential areas for increased process efficiency and work with colleagues to develop and implement new processes.
· Strive to maintain highest level of understanding and knowledge of laws and regulations to better support all functions of the company and goals. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business.
· Responsible for creating training budgets and forecasts for assigned rigs and tenders in collaboration with Corporate Training & Competency team. Monitor and report throughout the fiscal year to provide updates to Management and advise on matters, as needed.
· Serve as point of contact and operating unit superuser for all matters related to company training database.
· Oversee rig startups and reactivations to ensure critical trainings related to the Big 5 are prioritized.
· Follow-up of candidates on polytechnic college (Norwegian and International), half- yearly compliance.
· Follow-up candidates on the maritime leadership program.
· Participate in tenders to ensure that training and competence requirements stated in contracts with clients are handled.
· Ensure that external candidates for recruitment to the drilling discipline comply with formal requirements.
· Ensure that candidates for promotion in the drilling discipline comply with formal requirements.
· Provide the operational units with employee’s competence profiles in connection with succession planning.
· Report deviations in the company’s procedures related to training and competence to the Director of Operations and Training and Competency Manager.
· Implement new training requirements in the organization.
· Inform the management team about changes in regulations/standards affecting training/competence.
· Systematic handling of non-compliance towards requirements set out by authorities, clients, flag states and the Corporate function.
· Advice HR, line management (on- and offshore) and employees in matters related to training and competence.
· Participate in various internal and external work groups related to training and competence Company’s representative in the Norwegian Shipowner Association’s competence group.