JOB TITLE : Supply Chain Manager
LOCATION : Luanda, Angola | Onshore
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Diversity and inclusion are more than words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
- The Supply Chain Manager directs the process which includes the planning and delivery of all Supply Chain activities in an effective manner to support assigned Operations. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing and developing a diverse group of professionals and providing an engaged and visible leadership role in the assigned location.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focal point of contact/key business partner for Operations in the Area while also being the escalation point for the business for any Supply Chain issues in the area
- Manage and develop assigned Supply Chain team members
- Ensure efficient and effective Supply Chain services to rig operations to ensure all identified materials and services are planned and provided in a timely manner to mitigate risks and delays to rig operations
- Leverage relationships when expenditure with subcontractors and suppliers and initiate, manage new and existing frame/master service agreements for the assigned location
- Analyse key data on suppliers to aid effectiveness of supply of goods and services
- Actively work with stakeholders to identify optimal procurement strategies
- Work closely within the business division to ensure the most cost effective and technically correct solution is chosen to maintain quality of parts, equipment, or services and to improve delivery
- Provide technical knowledge to the development of commercial strategies and business opportunities
- Provide ongoing cost reduction and process improvement to the business while optimizing quality and customer service
- Influence and implement relevant supply chain strategies and tactics in line with budget guidelines
- Manage Supply Chain KPI’s to ensure compliance with our service level agreement with Operations
- Ensure company policies & procedures regarding approval process, authority, SOX Compliance and FCPA are strictly followed.
- Document/escalate Supply Chain problems to allow effective resolution and prevention
- Lead resolution of Operations procurement related incidents reported by stakeholders
- Escalate amber or red flags related to Supply Chain support to appropriate Supply Chain Director or Supply Chain Leadership Team
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another.
We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced understanding of Supply Chain processes and supporting tools including, but not limited to, logistics and shipping management, commercial concerns, operational imperatives, and decision-making on global materials sourcing decisions.
- Ability to quickly establish relationships of trust and influence with stakeholders and vendors; able and willing to engage frequently and effectively to optimize communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution
- Ability to work with various locations and functions and establish networks to enable ongoing training and effectiveness of key users.
- Experience assessing KPI data, business outcome monitoring, seeking feedback, and driving continuous process improvement motions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management or related field required
- Experience: 8-10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, preferably in Procurement and/or P2P; 5 years’ experience managing Supply Chain professionals and team leaders
- Industry: 3-5 years’ experience in oilfield services, drilling and/or related manufacturing and construction industries preferred
- Global Mindset: experience operating locally and independently while managing and reporting into a globally matrixed function preferred
- Continuous Improvement Engine: capabilities and experience managing within a multi-year Supply Chain optimization project, and/or global transformation preferred.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Accountability and a Bias for Action
- Collaboration and Communications
- Integrity and Honesty
- Performance Coaching and Career Mentoring
- Professionalism in dealing with external parties
- Team Effectiveness and Leadership Skills
- Attention to detail; process-driven
- Analytical and Decision-making skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and Proactive Mindset
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Task management and prioritization; ability to effectively set and manage multiple priorities from both local and global stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced business and negotiation skills
- Advance understanding of business contracts
- Clear understanding of corporate operational and financial controls and the internal/external enforcement mechanisms.
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.