Job Title: Global Onshore Accountant
Reporting To: Global Onshore Accounting Lead
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Diversity and inclusion are more than words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
The Global Onshore Accountant (GOA) will be responsible for accounting and reporting of global onshore costs for various functions across all regions. Key aspects of the job will include liaising directly with senior people within the business (typically VP and Director community) acting as their business partner and assisting them with monthly financials through Budvars reviews, providing support through budgeting & forecasting cycles, and producing Monthly Management Review (MMR) packs for function owners.
The role is also responsible for the legal entity accounting for the management companies, cost allocations processes and a leading role in the budgetary and forecast processes.
Working as part of the wider Global Onshore Accounting Team, the GOA will be part of the team responsible for bringing regional onshore entity ownership into the SSC. It will be a highly visible role within the business and will need an engaged and motivated individual, who is confident speaking to senior people outside of finance and is able to communicate well.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounting for profit centre costs and the MMR packs for functions
- P&L Budgeting & Forecasting for functions
- Business partnering with functional PC owners (typically Grade 7s and above)
- Phased financial reviews for all assigned LEs on a quarterly cycle
- Balance sheet reconciliation preparation and review for assigned LEs
- Complex journal preparation
- Supporting statutory audits for assigned entities
- Mentor and support the Financial Accountant community
- Support Lead Corporate Accountants
- Participate and eventually lead on projects for process improvements across the business
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Good influencing skills
- Excellent team ethic
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable managing own workload autonomously, particularly whilst working remotely
- Ability to communicate with senior people
- 2+ year(s) Experience in Accounting Specific role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of and experience with statutory reporting requirements
- Experience working with a global ERP system
- Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently or as part of a team
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Good Problem Solving skills
Experience of working with diverse regionally based teams
Experience working with a global ERP system
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.