Job Title: Rig Controller (2-5 yrs)
Seadrill is one of the world’s
most modern offshore integrated drilling companies. Using world leading
technology, we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing
some 4,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard
in Drilling. It’s ambitious and we all play our part in achieving this.
We recognise that our people are key to
helping us to achieve our vision so we have fostered a culture that
encourages, supports and celebrates diversity of all kinds. It fuels our
innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we
Help us to keep innovating, improving and
maintaining the highest safety records and service delivery. In return we
will provide support and development opportunities that help you unlock
your full potential.
The Senior Rig controller is responsible
for the financial reporting for all assigned rigs in the area they
operate in developing in depth understanding of the financial position of
all the assigned operations in the area and is able to identify and summarise
the major financial drivers, risks and opportunities of the business.
The position also supports the team to
resolve issues which present a potential financial impact are raised and
resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with Seadrill policies and
Reporting directly to the Operations
Controller, the Senior Rig Controller has close communications with the
Rig Management team and support functions for the area.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating with Rig Teams to prepare the monthly and YTD variance bridge in monthly Reporting Package for executive management and provide a summary for the area to review directly with the senior stakeholders.
- The role includes but is not exclusive to preparation of the monthly accounts, the analysis of the activities, balance sheet preparation, budgeting and forecasting for the respective units. All activities will also be conducted in a SOX compliant manner in line with Seadrill’s control framework.
- Review management reports to identify potential accruals and adjustments for goods and or services and feed this back to the Shared Service Centre.
- Collate, input, and review of forecast and budget information submitted by operations and marketing to provide a summary of the area. Act as Business Partner to the Rig Management team to challenge, identify and resolve complex discrepancies and issues based on experience and precedent.
- Gather supporting documentation from the rig operations team for the customer billing process and provide this to the Shared Service Center AR team.
Review of CIP account to ensure timely capitalization of projects. Provide commencement of depreciation period (inform SSC that asset is placed in service or is ready to use).
- Prepare audit query responses as required by clients, regulatory bodies and any other audits that might be required as per location requirements
- Provide feedback to SSC Lead team to ensure the balance sheet accurately reflects the business group accounts and lead on resolving issues identified
- Foster a culture of financial accountability, understanding and discipline amongst senior budget owners through experienced business partnering and challenging ways of working with senior stakeholders
- Provide support to operations and SSC Seniors to identify corrective actions and resolve issues
- Reporting responsibilities as delegated from Operations Controller as required
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets
hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to
play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal
responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to
identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to
day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety
and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and
behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant,
disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and
embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all
employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to
put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe.
Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not
just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework
with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define
our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded
in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
& Forward Thinking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience in Oil and Gas industry, preferably with focus in offshore drilling, either directly or indirectly, e.g. audit experience in public practice firm.
- Significant finance / accounting experience with ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures (USGAAP).
- ERP experience (eg. Oracle), Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, predominantly Excel.
- Ability to consolidate and summarise data from multiple sources and work with different regions and operations from one location.
- Highly numerate, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with an inquisitive mind-set to find solutions.
- Ability to build relationships across different cultures and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate both spoken and written English.
- Possesses an in depth understanding of the financial aspects of the drilling contract(s) and operations
- Thorough understanding of the finance/accounting aspects of Offshore DrillingBusiness and of how the various support roles interface (supply chain, human resources, etc.)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to manage senior stakeholders
- Ability to proactively identify pain points and work with other functions to ensure CI of processes and procedures through root cause analysis and training to ensure long term fix
- Ability to train and supervise junior team members
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance
or Business Administration or equivalent
Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or
Business Administration with CPA
We value our people and want to retain
them, so we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base
salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.