Job Title: External Reporting Senior Analyst
Reporting To: External Reporting Manager
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern
offshore integrated drilling companies. Using world leading technology, we
operate globally employing some 4,000 people representing 65
nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s ambitious
and we all play our part in achieving this .
We recognise that our people are key to helping us to achieve
our vision so we have fostered a culture that encourages, supports and
celebrates diversity of thought. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer
to our customers and the communities we operate in.
Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the
highest safety records and service delivery. In return we will provide support
and development opportunities that help you unlock your full potential.
The External Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the consolidation, analysis and preparation of the external close processes and external reporting for group companies. The reporting will primarily be under US GAAP. This role will prepare the primary financials, with consideration of group accounting policies, and liaise with area finance teams and shared service centre to resolve key accounting issues.
The role is responsible for developing best practice reporting and close process procedures and ensuring appropriate group accounting policies are followed. This role will work closely with the shared service centre and teams across the wider group, including Commercial, Tax, Investor Relations and Treasury, to prepare the consolidation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting notes.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting processes for listed and unlisted groups reporting under US GAAP.
- Preparing the Group external financial reporting including primary statements and supporting notes.
- Key contact for both financial reporting and systems assistance to the regional teams and SSC to ensure group reporting timetables are met, and can be accelerated as required.
- Review submissions from shared service centre and discuss/resolve issues where necessary.
- Review figures against other internal management reports, and with other functions such as Tax and Treasury.
- Working with the Finance Systems Team to draft, test and implement changes to the Group consolidation system (HFM) as a result of both changes in accounting standards and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Driving improvements in Group Reporting processes.
- Developing Group accounting policies under US GAAP, and involvement in resolving group technical issues.
- Key contact for the External Auditors.
- Ad hoc projects, requests and reporting tasks.
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of interpreting and applying accounting standards
- Experience with large multinational group consolidations and listed entity reporting
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of delivering high-quality deliverables to tight deadlines
- Professional and confident communicator (written, verbal and presentational skills)
- Detail orientated
- Good time and project management skills
- Determination to implement change and challenge current processes
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong proficiency in Excel
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline with a Professional Chartered Accounting Qualification.
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.