Rewards Manager - Global Compensation
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore integrated drilling companies. Using world leading technology, we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 4,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s ambitious and we all play our part in achieving this.
We recognise that our people are key to helping us to achieve our vision so we have fostered a culture that encourages, supports and celebrates diversity of all kinds. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety records and service delivery. In return we will provide support and development opportunities that help you unlock your full potential.
As part of the Rewards Centre of Excellence, the Rewards Manager develops, delivers and manages competitive, cost-effective Rewards programmes, aligned with the Rewards strategy and designed to attract, retain and reward high calibre talent. The Rewards Manager provides technical guidance on Rewards matters and partners cross-functionally on a variety of projects and initiatives with a rewards impact, to ensure that Reward’s interests and issues are addressed throughout the broader organisation.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Job Responsibilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Seadrill’s compensation programmes to ensure they remain competitive. Consider whether new policies should be developed and recommend improvements. Support the Rewards Director in ensuring that strategic goals are met to support the Company’s objectives.
- Lead the annual Reward cycle, including Annual Salary Review, Short Term Incentive Plan and Long Term Incentive Plan, implementing robust processes, controls and communications to ensure compliance with plans, budgetary control and efficient delivery of awards to participants.
- Manage survey vendor relationships and the Company’s participation in global surveys and source surveys for market competitivity analyses. Assess the applicability of surveys and select survey material to ensure the appropriate markets are used as comparators. Use informed judgement to determine selection of benchmarks.
- Manage and optimise use of third-party compensation systems to increase efficiency by introduction of automation into activities such as benchmarking, development of salary ranges, survey participation and Job Description management. Reduce manual data processing to increase Rewards team’s ability to focus on business partnering and strategically directed activities.
- In collaboration with HR Business Partners, lead the Job Evaluation process by acting as a subject matter expert on Job Evaluation methodology. Provide support, tools and education to the HR community on Job Description witing, Job Evaluation and grading structure to improve quality and promote good governance.
- Provide data research and cost impact/statistical analysis to inform data-driven decisions and to develop reward programmes and frameworks which align with business requirements.
- Promote ongoing education of Rewards principles to wider HR Community and Line Managers by developing materials and tools and reinforcing Rewards principles in all communications. Provide technical guidance and support to Rewards Advisors.
- Partner with Finance teams by providing rewards information for accounting, forecasting, auditing and annual reporting.
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant and proven track record of managing rewards programmes in a global organisation working across multiple markets
- Demonstrated experience of managing annual reward cycle activities, including Annual Salary Review, Short Term Incentives, Long Term Incentives, survey participation and benchmarking
- Experience of delivering the design, implementation and management of reward programmes and initiatives with understanding of change management processes and planning and development of communications
- Experienced in Job Evaluation methodologies and Job Levelling
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and deliver to deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills with the ability to manage and interpret complex data, drawing out the key issues and themes and producing high quality accurate management reporting
- Experience in management and administration of Long-term Incentive plans with knowledge of multiple plan designs
- Experience of working with HRIS and compensation management systems, including configuration of plans within HRIS to deliver annual compensation programmes and enable Manager Self-Service
- Knowledge of international assignment rewards practices and principles, including working knowledge of tax and social security compliance
- Strong stakeholder focus and drive for operational excellence
- Ability to work pragmatically and comfortable with ambiguity
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience in reward management
- BA or Masters within the fields of HR or Finance desirable, CIPD qualified
We value our people and want to retain them, so we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.