JOB TITLE: HR Advisor – Rig Dedicated
REPORTING TO: HR Manager
The Human Resources Advisor is the focal
point for all people and human resource activities related to the assigned
The role partners with Managers and
employees to help deliver a range of HR strategies, programmes and policies
within the area, providing support and advice on operational HR matters and
ensuring that Seadrill satisfies the industry standards, country regulation and
client training and personnel requirements.
- Making sure
that you and your teamwork safe every day, every hour and every minute, no
with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
with Client requirements
- Coordinate all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle in
accordance with Seadrill recruitment processes.
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery of HR support and
personnel administration services - focal point for HR with employees, rig leadership and unions
(when defined by HR Manager) providing appropriate HR advice and support
responding to general queries and resolving ER matters Training and Competency
- Support training and certification of offshore staff,
providing advice on training and competency requirements and ensuring
compliance with Seadrill’s Training and Competency Matrix, operating area and
- Responsible for championing Seadrill’s talent and
performance management programme
- Appropriately manage the employee leaving process,
coordinating with relevant stakeholders and systems to ensure a smooth
transition and business continuity
Business Partnering & Continuous Improvements
- Actively partner with
managers on People Related decisions; positively influence and challenge
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement
of HR programs and policies, providing feedback on local requirements and
success of initiatives to ensure fit-for-purpose HR interventions
- Ensure proper support to Commercial and Operations Teams
on HR data for tenders, respecting local requirements and following HR standard
guidelines and templates
- Support planning with Rig and HR Management to identify
possible risks and opportunity in; attrition, rig activity level and contract
change, succession and development gaps
- Utilise Seadrill data to provide insights for the
business to support informed people related decision making
External Customers & Regulators
- Focal point for HR legal issues at local level including
compliance with regulatory and client requirements
Procedure and Cost Discipline
- Communicate and act as an ambassador of Seadrill policies
and programs gathering support from HR CoE as needed.
- Focus on personnel
related cost control and reporting on deviations
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or required.
- University degree in Business or Human Resource Management (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- 3 plus years of HR experience, preferably in the drilling or related oil & gas industry, working with office and offshore/industrial workers
- Understanding of the HR lifecycle.
- Excellent time management and able to prioritise workload.
- Able to interpret and present data in a meaningful way to management.
- Experienced with using HR data systems and Microsoft Office suite software.
- Contribute to the One HR Team principle.
- Adaptable, capable of dealing with ever changing marketing and work scenarios
Fluent English. Able to confidently speak, read and understand English
Below is a list of the behavioural
competencies required for this role.
and Ownership Work safely
- Always behave ethically and with integrity
(e.g. know right from wrong)
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude, are motivated and
passionate about our work
- Take ownership of tasks and see things
through to completion
- Come up with solutions and don’t just focus
on the problem
and Forward Thinking Have an open mindset (e.g. embrace change,
interested in new ways of working)
- Are flexible and adaptable
- Show an awareness and interest of how the
rest of the company operates
- Look for improvements
- Seek to improve ourselves and the way we
work (e.g. make time for our own development and learning)
- Use straightforward, honest and clear communication
- Take time to listen and under- stand others
(e.g. ask questions)
- Are approachable and consistently polite
- Adapt our communication to our audience
- Work productively with people from all different backgrounds
- Offer support and help
Delivery Deliver high quality work and are mindful of
- Act as ambassadors for Seadrill and are
- Gain a clear understanding of what customers
want (e.g. ask questions and clarify our understanding)
- Respond quickly to customers
- Escalate customer issues that we can’t