Job Title: MPD Technical Superintendent
Reporting To: Subsea/Well Control Equipment Manager
Function: Technical Services
Seadrill is one of the
world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies, employing some
2600 people around the world. Our vision is to Set the Standard in
Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part
to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the
highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your
Diversity and inclusion are more than
words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people
are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We
continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and
celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and
connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
for establishing and improving company standards for Managed Pressure
Drilling (MPD) equipment specification, installation, maintenance, and
operation with the purpose of ensuring reliability and lowering cost of
ownership. Key areas of
responsibility will include: MPD
equipment technical support; MPD equipment maintenance standards;
Experience transfer between units; MPD operational standards; fleet
conformance with industry standards and company directives; Management of
Change; AAB Management; Industry Workgroup Participation; SSCE, Marketing,
and Vendor Surveillance consults; Equipment Specification and Overhaul
Standards; and, technical investigations and support as required for Well
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish standard preventative maintenance; and, review and approve changes to standard maintenance as required to incorporate lessons learned.
- Set procurement and overhaul standards for MPD equipment, and document same in Seadrill’s systems.
- Collaborate with HSE to ensure Standard Operating Manuals include best practice.
- Review and process MPD equipment and operations related alerts and bulletins for Seadrill fleet
- Act as, or advise, vendor surveillance, SSCE, and operations on shop repair and return or upgrade work scopes.
- Interact with Class organizations concerning MPD notation requirements.
- Participate in industry forums such as API, that create standards for MPD equipment manufacture and operations, with the purpose of representing the contractor’s interest, and lead improvements in the standards.
- Lead technical investigations of MPD performance issues and either write or assist completion of technical investigation reports that identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Maintain expert and current knowledge of Seadrill directives, API standards, Class requirements, OEM AABs, and the ability to navigate TMS/Maximo/ Synergi to achieve goals.
- Establish Seadrill standards for specification and purchase of MPD related equipment and advise Supply Chain and Marketing when requested.
- Review, approve, or deny management of change requests relevant to MPD systems.
- Provide daily reports when visiting rigs; and relevant investigation reports which use technical services standard format.Complete applicable MPD-related Technical
- Services action tracking and close out
- Support Technical Services Well Control Group as required for Well Control Equipment.
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets
hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to
play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal
responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to
identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to
day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety
and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and
behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant,
disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and
embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all
employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to
put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe.
Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not
just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework
with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define
our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded
in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant maintenance experience with MPD equipment and Well Control Equipment; offshore experience with MPD operations for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, the most widely used MPD equipment and well control systems.
- Equipment project management experience tracking and reporting project progress, timelines, and critical path.
- Demonstrated experience in equipment performance investigation, risk analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of typical failure modes and causes for elastomers and metallics as applied to well control and MPD equipment.
- Managerial/administrative skills to effectively execute role.
- Experienced mentoring and working with operations on board rigs to assist them in improving quality and share best practice.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant MPD and API standards
- Experience with installation and commissioning preferred.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering/technical field (e.g., Marine/Ocean engineering)
- Evidence of training relevant to MPD system principles of operation.
- Flexible to travel offshore as required in any country Seadrill operates.
- Demonstrated history of working effectively various offshore marine/subsea settings in the oilfield & energy industry.
We value our people and want to retain
them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base
salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.