Job Title: Tax Manager
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Seadrill is one of the world’s
most modern offshore integrated drilling companies. Using world leading
technology, we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing
some 4,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard
in Drilling. It’s ambitious and we all play our part in achieving this.
We recognise that our people are key to
helping us to achieve our vision so we have fostered a culture that
encourages, supports and celebrates diversity of all kinds. It fuels our
innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we
Help us to keep innovating, improving and
maintaining the highest safety records and service delivery. In return we
will provide support and development opportunities that help you unlock
your full potential.
This position reports to the Finance
Manager and is expected to maintain a strong relationship with the
Corporate Tax team, Shared Service Centre and other support functions, as
well as other non-financial corporate teams and the regional businesses.
Regular interaction with our external auditors and tax advisors will also
be expected as part of this role.
The Tax and Accounting Manager is
responsible for all local corporate- and value added tax filings and
statutory accounts as well as compliance with local tax regulations, for
all Harsh Environment area entities in conjunction with teams in the UK.
Assisting the Corporate Tax team to prepare, review, and analyze the
regional tax provision on a quarterly and annual basis. Additionally, the
Tax and Accounting Manager is responsible for local tax filings,
compliance with local tax regulations and local reporting requirements,
including preparation- and filing of Statutory accounts. Tax and
Accounting Manager will also be responsible for engagement of external
advisors and professional third parties and coordinate required work
arising from local authorities’ requests.
The Tax and Accounting Manager shall
ensure issues which present a potential tax impact are raised and
resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with Seadrill policies and
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Job Responsibilities
- Assist with quarterly, and annual tax provision in accordance with US GAAP
- Review of financial results to ensure direct- and indirect taxes are timely and accurately accounted for.
- Preparation and filing of Norwegian Tax Returns
- Responsible for preparation and filing of Statutory accounts and other regional filing requirements, including monthly statistics reporting
- Point of contact for external auditors and tax advisors
- Take lead on audits of Taxes and/or VAT
- Respond to tax requests and inquiries from authorities
- Ensure compliance with transfer pricing requirements
- Facilitate and review transfer pricing documentation
- Prepare intra-group bareboat and crew agreements
- Understand the tax impact of USD as functional currency
- Responsible for determination of strategy and execution of implementation of SAF-T in Norway for relevant filing entities, in conjunction with internal and external advisers
- Coordinate required reviews and provide support required by management and shared service centre to explain the tax calculations and identify corrective actions, where required
- Prepare documentation for Board meetings and maintain record of Minutes of Meetings
- Act as secretary in Board meetings for Seadrill Norway Crew AS
- Ensure corporate information registered with the Norwegian authorities is updated
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
- Operate within Seadrill’s Key principles for business conduct
- Level of authority, ref. DIR-00-0097
- This position is independent and the provisions in the Norwegian Working Environment Act, chapter 10, concerning working hours shall not apply
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets
hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to
play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal
responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to
identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to
day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety
and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and
behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant,
disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and
embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all
employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to
put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe.
Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not
just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework
with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define
our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded
in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with international tax frameworks, transfer pricing, statutory accounts and tax accounting with ability to understand impact on accounting
- Experience with preparation of Norwegian Tax Returns
- Understanding of local filing requirements
- Self-motivated, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English communication
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly in Excel
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships
- Able to perform in an environment of change, that emphasizes teamwork
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in a relevant
discipline, preferably with Accounting Certification and/or Professional
- 3-5 years of experience with direct- and
indirect taxes, e.g. audit experience in public practice firm
We value our people and want to retain
them, so we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary
and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.