Title: Riser Analyst
Reporting To: Head of Subsea Riser
and Marine Operations
Function: Technical Services
Location: Houston Office
Seadrill is one of the
world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies, employing some
2600 people around the world. Our vision is to Set the Standard in
Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part
to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the
highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your
Diversity and inclusion are more than
words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people
are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We
continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and
celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and
connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
The Riser Analysis Team provides support to the
operating fleet, marketing teams, and project teams. The riser analyst position is an entry level / early career opportunity. The overall responsibility of the Riser Analyst is to
perform riser analysis and related design/evaluations including calculations
dynamic structural analysis, and system configurations for subsea riser
structures under the supervision of the principal engineer. The Riser Analyst will study acceptable structural and
fatigue performance of the designs, whilst considering the functional,
fabrication, installation, and in-service requirements. The role will also
involve frequent communication of technical results and conclusions to other
members of the team - including meetings, presentations, and the preparation of
written reports, and other deliverables.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working under the supervision of a principal engineer(s) and/or the Head of Subsea Riser and Marine Operations, performing marine drilling design and engineering work related to the analysis of drilling riser systems.
- Ensures each floater (MODU) has a riser analysis per well as per company directive requirements.
- Create and/or analyze FEA models for Top Tension Risers in accordance with API RP 16Q.
- Support in the development of hydrodynamic models of drilling fleet and perform global motion assessments.
- Develop templates and code checking tools to facilitate increased efficiencies and accurate analysis of MODU’s.
- Assist with the creation of Well Specific Operating Guidelines for rigs.
- Liaise with third party riser analysis providers.
- Liaise with class societies and regulatory agencies to gain approval on mooring designs.
- Support in the handling of rig/customer technical queries regarding riser management.
- Assist in performance of quality assurance tasks, work scope definition, cost control, project planning and management to ensure on time delivery.
- Producing riser analysis per well and transit analysis for move with BOP suspended.
- Assist with drilling riser analysis work scopes as required.
- Issuing riser and transit analysis reports
- Maintaining tracking sheet of all riser analysis requests
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets
hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to
play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal
responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to
identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to
day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety
and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and
behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant,
disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and
embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all
employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to
put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe.
Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not
just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework
with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define
our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded
in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
- Drive & Ownership
- Change & Forward Thinking
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Able to understand complex business problems, identify business/functional user requirements, and recommend how best to support them through processes and applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders such as senior management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks, and priorities concurrently, with appropriate attention to detail and working in a time-effective manner.
- Well-developed communication skills, comfortable working in an environment of change, results oriented and resilient, effective at building and maintaining relationships.
- Computer literate and adaptable to the introduction of new software as appropriate
- Job-related technical knowledge is preferable. This may include, but is not limited to, working knowledge of applicable industry regulations and code requirements for riser systems (e.g., DNV, API, ISO).
- Software experience with Microsoft Office, finite element analysis packages (e.g., OrcaFlex, Flexcom, DeepRiser, Ansys), and some knowledge of computer programming is preferable (e.g., VBA, Python, MATLAB or similar)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate technical engineering discipline (e.g., Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding, Structural/Civil/Mechanical/Ocean Engineering)
- Must be a US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the United States, without sponsorship from Seadrill.
- Must be able and willing to work regularly from Seadrill’s Houston office location during typical and customary business hours.
- Flexible to travel offshore as required in any country Seadrill operates.
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background Check.
We value our people and want to retain
them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base
salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.