Job Title: External Reporting Manager
Reporting to: Head of External Reporting
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore integrated drilling companies. Using world leading technology, we operate globally employing some 4,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s ambitious and we all play our part in achieving this .
We recognise that our people are key to helping us to achieve our vision so we have fostered a culture that encourages, supports and celebrates diversity of thought. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety records and service delivery. In return we will provide support and development opportunities that help you unlock your full potential.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- The External Reporting Manager is
responsible for the delivery of the close processes for Seadrill Limited and Seadrill
Partners, including certain sub-consolidations and affiliates.
- This role will be involved in the
coordination and review of key external reporting deliverables, including the
20-F, as well as leading a number of system and change projects to improve the
efficiency and effectiveness of the overall group financial close process.
SCOPE AND KEY INTERFACES
Group Reporting Manager will work very closely with the SSC, Management
Reporting team and Group Technical Accounting Manager to deliver the close
role will also be a key point of contact for the external auditor, internal
audit and other corporate functions involved in the close, such as tax,
treasury, investor relations and legal.
- Ownership of overall group reporting timetable, and co-ordination
of Group Reporting Leads and the SSC teams in order to achieve quarterly
and monthly reporting requirements.
- Involvement in the understanding and resolution of
complex technical issues, working with the Hemisphere finance teams and
Group Technical Accounting Manager as required.
- Review of key areas of group financial reporting on
a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Management of 20-F process including ownership of timetable and
- Key relationship owner with SSC team, working with
the Regional accounting and Corporate accounting teams to ensure their
inputs to the group reporting process are fit for purpose
- Leading continuous improvement activities within the
financial reporting close process, including HFM and Webdesk processes,
and alignment with management reporting processes.
- Day to day management of the external audit process.
- Coaching and training (linking with the Group
Technical Accounting Manager re technical training) considerations for the
rest of the team.
- Key point of contact with other functions such as
FP&A, IR, Tax, Treasury and Compliance.
- Ensure SOX documentation is prepared and maintained
to appropriate standard
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant,
with 3+ years post qualified experience working in a similar role with large
multinational businesses or big 4 firm.
- Strong understanding of
financial reporting and accounting practices and procedures in a listed
multinational company environment. Strong technical accounting background with
USGAAP exposure preferable. Exposure working with large ERP and reporting
systems, preferably Oracle and HFM.
- Managerial experience in a similar commercial environment or in a big 4
accountancy firm working with similar size listed multinational businesses.
Experience of Group consolidations and internal/external group financial
reporting, working with global teams, required.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, professional and confident
communicator (written, verbal and presentation skills), comfortable to work in
an environment of change, good time management and ability to meet deadlines, effective
at building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, and a good
attention to detail.
- Excellent IT
skills, particularly advanced Excel skills, required and experience of Oracle
and Hyperion preferable.